They're at it again.
Rather that wait for the outcome of the court hearing that was held on 17th December 2006, the developers of Lots 1680, 1681, 530 & 531 (Mukim Hulu Kelang) have put in a new Application for Development on the very same lots.
As before, only a handful of residents in Taman Hijau received the new notice, forwarded by MPAJ, probably a tactic to minimize the number of objections. But thankfully some residents have alerted neighbors of Panaromic Sklyine/Malaysian Allied Assurance's latest move.
Objections to the proposed development must reach MPAJ by Friday, 9th February 2007.
Reasons for the objection should include:
1. Insufficient notice (signboards, flyers, etc.) had been put up for the information of the residents of Ukay Heights, Taman Hijau, Taman TAR, Dataran Seri Ukay, Ampang Jaya and adjacent neighborhoods.
2. There was no EIA Report tabled for public viewing.
3. There was no certificated survey plan for the residents to study the nature of the project and its effects on the neighborhoods with more accurate information.
4. There was no assessment done as to the increase in traffic and carrying capabilities of the existing roads.
5. MPAJ has failed to draw up a Local Plan for Ampang Jaya that incorporates the feedback and views of ALL of its residents.
Please feel free to pepper your objections with references to other hillslope developments that have turned into tragedies (Highland Towers, Kampung Bukit Pasir Tinggi, etc.) and the Selangor Menteri Besar's directive to stop all hillside development particularly in the Ampang/Ulu Kelang area.
If you're concerned about your home, neighborhood and way of life, please take some action. The deadline for objections is 9th February. Get your neighbors to send in their objections, too.
SPECIAL THANKS to Dato Mustapha B Mahmud for keeping everyone informed.